- BSCC is a small general population medium security facility. It houses both long and short term inmates and many inmates who are elderly.
- Boston Pre-Release provides gradual transition from prison life to the community by means of reintegration through work release, education, and counseling programs.
- Patients may be committed to this facility following the completion of their observation period if it is determined that they need further treatment and evaluation.
- The Shattuck Hospital Correction Unit provides medical services to all Department of Correction inmates.
- A truly unique Department of Correction facility housing two (2) very distinct populations: criminally sentenced, minimum-security, male inmates and civilly committed males participating in an up to 90-day detoxification and substance abuse treatment program.
- Located within the Bridgewater Correctional Complex is a unique facility due to having a population of civilly committed Sexually Dangerous Persons as well as state prison inmates identified as sex offenders.
- MCI - Cedar Junction is a maximum security reception center for male offenders in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with a medium security permanent workforce.
- MCI-Concord has been designated as a medium security facility.
- The facility houses women at various classification levels, including state sentenced and county offenders, and awaiting trial inmates. This is the Massachusetts Department of Correction's only committing institution for female offenders.
- MCI-Norfolk is the largest facility of its type in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Through the years, many construction projects and renovations have lead to the modern and effective community correctional facility it is today.
- MCI-Shirley is located approximately forty-two miles northwest of Boston on the Shirley / Lancaster Line.
- The North Central Correctional Institution at Gardner, as it is now known, is located on twenty acres of hillside near the Gardner/Westminster town line.
- Our Mission begins with providing inmates with solid work ethics and programs with the objective of releasing them back into our communities with a clear direction of their future.
- Historically, the name of Old Colony dates back to the founding of our Nation, and fosters a sense of hope and "new beginning."
- There are no walls or fences at this facility. Security is maintained through inmate counts and strict accountability procedures.
- As a Minimum Security and Prerelease facility for female inmates, SMCC is not within a secure perimeter and there are no lock-in cells.
- The Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center was named in the memory of two correctional staff, Corrections Officer James Souza and Industrial Instructor Alfred Baranowski, who were killed at MCI Norfolk in 1972 during an aborted escape attempt by a convicted murderer.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.