The initial step in the process of screening candidates for a position with the Massachusetts Department of Correction will be compiling a Criminal History Background Report. Once the report is completed, if you are cleared for further consideration and if your Civil Service Examination Score can be reached, you will be contacted by letter with the date and time that you are scheduled for the next step in the pre-screening process.
If you receive notification of the date and time that you are scheduled to report to the Shirley Training Academy, you will be required to submit the following original documents:
- (2) Completed Employment Application Forms - 1-Original & 1-Copy
- Valid Driver's License
- Birth Certificate
- Professional Certified Licenses (if applicable)
- High school diploma or Official high school transcript
- GED (if applicable)
- All College Degrees or Official Transcripts
- Social Security Card
- DD 214 Long Form (If in Military)
- Citizenship paperwork, Naturalization paperwork (if applicable)
- Court documents stating that outstanding warrants are closed (if applicable)
Be clearly advised, that your failure to present all required documents will disqualify you from further consideration.