The Essex County Sheriff's Department Civil Process Division
As part of one of the oldest and most experienced law enforcement agencies in the United States, the Essex County Sheriff’s Office Civil Process Division is uniquely equipped to serve and enforce all civil process throughout the 34 cities and towns of Essex County. Our dedicated team of Deputy Sheriffs and administrative staff put their experience and professionalism to work for you and your clients, ensuring the job gets done.
The Civil Process Division employs uniformed and non-uniformed deputies, as well as an experienced administrative staff in two convenient locations (Salem and Lawrence), to help attorneys and pro se litigants get their legal documents served quickly and properly. And, unlike private firms, the Essex County Sheriff's Office Civil Process Division is an independent agency of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
354 Merrimack Street Suite 332
Lawrence , MA 01840
978-750-1900 ext 4401
45 Congress Street
Salem, MA 01970
978-750-1900 ext 3590
- We are fully insured by the state, lowering the risk of liability for your business.
- We are not restricted by what types of judicial papers we can serve.
- We employ highly trained professional deputies
- We have the authority to serve process throughout Essex County
- We can provide same day service
- We have direct communication with local departments
CIVIL and CRIMINAL SERVICES
- Notice to quit
- Notice to Show Cause
- Capias Arrest
- Peace Keepers
- Sheriff's Sales
- Search Warrants
- Domestic Restraining Orders
- Witness Subpoenas
- Writs of Attachment
For a complete list of fees and services please call the Salem or Lawrence Offices.
Linda A. Clifford, Director
Robyn M. Clarke, Assistant Director
email : firstname.lastname@example.org