- Information about G.L. c. 268A, section 23 applies to public employees.
Advisory 15-1: Avoiding Conflicts of Interest While Seeking a New Job and After Leaving Public Employment
Advisory 15-1 explains how the conflict of interest law applies to public employees when seeking new employment with those with whom the public employee has had official dealings, and after the public employee leaves public employment.
Advisory 14-1: Public Employees’ Private Business Relationships And Other Private Dealings With Those Over Whom They Have Official Authority Or With Whom They Have Official Dealings
Advisory 14-1 explains how G.L. c. 268A, the conflict of interest law, applies to public employees who wish to have private business relationships or other private dealings with those over whom they have official authority, or with whom they have official dealings. In certain circumstances, where certain safeguards are present, such private business relationships and private dealings are permissible.
Advisory 13-1 explains how the conflict of interest law, G.L. c. 268A, applies to elected and appointed public employees in connection with making and receiving job recommendations. This Advisory provides guidance on when a public employee may make a job recommendation using his or her official title or letterhead. It also addresses the ability of elected officials to make job recommendations as a constituent service.
- This advisory discusses conflict of interest law restrictions on political activity by public employees.
- The purpose of this Advisory is to clarify the meaning of the terms "general legislation" and "special legislation" for purposes of c. 268A. This Advisory overrules prior Commission precedent to the extent inconsistent with the newly approved definitions.
- Information about G.L. c. 268A, sections 6, 13, 19 and 23, and how the conflict of interest law applies to matters involving business competitors.
- Information about section 23 of the conflict of interest law.
- Information about how the conflict of interest law applies to legislators and their private employment interests.
- Information about how the conflict of interest law applies to stock ownership by public employees.