Former Hubbardston Board of Health member fined $5,000 for violating the conflict of interest law, by receiving payments for inspections he performed in the name of the board's agent.
- Member of the Woburn Golf and Ski Authority and Director and Officer of the Woburn Golf and Social Club was found to have violated G.L. c. 268A, sections 19, 20 and 23(a).
- Bristol-Plymouth Regional School Committee member Norman McMann violated G.L. c. 268A, section 20 by voting to approve payment of a school warrant that included payments to a company that he was half-owner.
- In an Agreement between the Commission and a former town councillor, the latter admitted he violated section 20 of G.L. c. 268A and agreed to pay a $250 civil penalty. According to the Agreement, the town councillor violated the law by having a prohibited financial interest in a contract to serve as a firefighter for the same town. The enforcement action was brought and a penalty assessed because the town councillor ignored a formal advisory opinion issued to him a year earlier advising him that he could not hold both positions.
The Commission issued a Final Order on Summary Decision and Civil Penalty concluding the adjudicatory proceeding involving Robert Nichols, a former member of the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Blandford. The Commission entered Summary Decision for the Petitioner Enforcement Division and ordered Nichols to pay a $12,500 civil penalty for violating sections 19, 20 and 23(b)(2)(ii) of the conflict of interest law.
- Boston Redevelopment Authority Chief of Staff Matthew O'Neil violated section 20 by purchasing a condo unit that required BRA contracts due to a deed restriction.
- Upton Tech Committee member violated sections 19 & 20 by having a financial interest after being involved in updating town equipment.
- The Commission determined that Lynn Board of Health Inspector Louis Picano repeatedly violated the conflict of interest law, G.L. c. 268A, sections 20 and 23(b)(3) by also performing constable duties as an appointed city constable.
- Bolton Board of Selectmen member, Curtis Plante, fined $10,000 for violating G.L. c. 268A, sections17(a), 17(c) and 20.
- A city employee found to have violated G.L. c. 268A, section 20 by holding two paid municipal positions.