Massachusetts has a long stranding commitment to veterans dating back to the Revolutionary War. The Patrick Administration has never wavered on our commitment to those who defended our country.
The Administration has announced several new initiatives for veterans including a comprehensive plan to Hire A Veteran Month enhance services for veterans, including re-employment and training of veterans of all eras, especially those returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Declaring November 2011 as “Hire A Veteran Month”, we partnered with a number of trade associations committed to encouraging their member employers to hire veterans for open positions and educate companies of available financial benefits for hiring veterans.
Latest News for Veterans
- $1.5 Million in Federal Funding to End Homelessness Among Veterans
- Governor Patrick Signs Bill to Rename Yarmouth Overpass After Marine Corporal Nicholas G. Xiarhos
- Lieutenant Governor Murray Joins Leominster Community to Dedicate the Jonathan Roberge Memorial Bridge
- Lieutenant Governor Murray to Launch 4th Annual Veterans Tour on Independence Day
- Governor Patrick Signs Valor Act to Increase Opportunities for Veterans
- Lt. Governor Murray Announces Increase in Veterans Services
- Patrick-Murray Administration Honors Massachusetts Veterans and Families
- Patrick-Murray Administration to Offer 'Veteran' Designation on Driver's Licenses and ID Cards
- Administration Announces Comprehensive Plan to Increase Veterans' Services and Employment
- Blog: Hiring and Supporting Massachusetts Veterans Throughout the Year
- Blog: Honoring Veterans Each and Every Day in the Commonwealth