"We, the beneficiaries of these great sacrifices, are endlessly grateful. We are proud to live in this great nation that you protect. And though today is a time of special remembrance, we honor you in our hearts each and every day."
- Governor Deval Patrick, Veterans' Day 2011
Massachusetts has a long standing commitment to veterans dating back to the Revolutionary War. The Patrick-Murray Administration has never wavered on our commitment to those who defended our country.
The Administration has announced several new initiatives for veterans including a comprehensive plan to enhance services for veterans, including re-employment and training of veterans of all eras, especially those returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Declaring November as “Hire A Veteran Month ”, we are partnering with a number of trade associations committed to encouraging their member employers to hire veterans for open positions and educate companies of available financial benefits for hiring veterans.
To learn more please contact your local Veterans Services Officer or contact the Department of Veterans Services. If you are seeking employment services, visit Local Veterans' Employment Representatives at the State's One-Stop Career Centers.
Latest News for Veterans
- $1.5 Million in Federal Funding to End Homelessness Among Veterans
- Governor Patrick Signs Bill to Rename Yarmouth Overpass After Marine Corporal Nicholas G. Xiarhos
- Lieutenant Governor Murray Joins Leominster Community to Dedicate the Jonathan Roberge Memorial Bridge
- Lieutenant Governor Murray to Launch 4th Annual Veterans Tour on Independence Day
- Governor Patrick Signs Valor Act to Increase Opportunities for Veterans
- Lt. Governor Murray Announces Increase in Veterans Services
- Patrick-Murray Administration Honors Massachusetts Veterans and Families
- Patrick-Murray Administration to Offer 'Veteran' Designation on Driver's Licenses and ID Cards
- Administration Announces Comprehensive Plan to Increase Veterans' Services and Employment
- Blog: Hiring and Supporting Massachusetts Veterans Throughout the Year
- Blog: Honoring Veterans Each and Every Day in the Commonwealth