Governor Patrick Announces Summer Town Hall Meeting Tour
Governor Will Hold 11 Town Hall Meetings and Four Cabinet Meetings across the Commonwealth
The meetings are part of the Administration's efforts to make state government accessible for all people in the Commonwealth. The Governor will host 11 town hall meetings in addition to four public Cabinet meetings.
"As we continue to rebuild our economy and our people, it's important that all our residents feel part of these initiatives," said Governor Patrick. "I look forward to hearing from all of my constituents on issues they care about most, and how the state can be a better partner to local communities."
The town hall-style meetings will be open to the public, giving residents a chance to talk directly to Governor Patrick about issues they care about most, such as education reform, health care and the economy.
Governor Patrick will also assemble his Cabinet Secretaries and some Commissioners for four public Cabinet meetings in different regions of Massachusetts, giving the public more opportunities to ask questions and raise important matters in their communities.
Town Hall Meeting Schedule:
All starting at 6:00 p.m., locations TBA
- Tuesday, July 8 th: Salem
- Thursday, July 10 th: Hull
- Wednesday, July 16 th: Amesbury
- Thursday, July 17 th: Holyoke
- Monday, July 21 st: Milton
- Wednesday, July 23 rd: Webster
- Tuesday, July 29 th: Rehoboth
- Wednesday, July 30 th: Athol
- Monday, August 4 th: Great Barrington
- Monday, August 11 th: Hyannis
- Saturday, August 23 rd: Boston - Caribbean Day Parade (2 p.m.)
Governor's Cabinet Meeting Schedule:
Times and locations TBA
- Thursday, July 17 th: Amherst
- Tuesday, July 22 nd: Lowell
- Tuesday, July 29 th: New Bedford
- Wednesday, July 30 th: Worcester
For more information, visit www.mass.gov/governor/townhall.