Housing Recovery and Reinvestment Funding Commitments
The Department of Housing and Community Development is proud to support Governor Patrick's Massachusetts Recovery Plan as we work to stabilize neighborhoods, keep homeowners and tenants in their homes, produce and preserve affordable housing, and build stronger communities. DHCD is working hard to put its recovery funding to use as fast as possible, while still providing the transparency required by the Governor's Massachusetts Recovery Plan. We have already made several funding awards, and will be making more over the next few months, so keep your eye on this space - it will be constantly updated!
For information on the Community Development Block Grant, Weatherization Assistance Program, Community Services Block Grant, and Neighborhood Stabilization Program, contact the division of Community Services at 617-573-1400.
For information on the Tax Credit Assistance Program, Tax Credit Exchange, and Lead Hazard Abatement Programs, contact the division of Housing Development at 617-573-1300.
Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (awards announced 9/29/09)
- $17 million for homelessness prevention efforts, including short- and medium-term rental assistance, housing relocation and stabilization services, mediation, credit counseling, security or utility deposits, utility payments, moving cost assistance, or case management
Community Services Block Grant (awards announced 5/27/09)
- $25.1 million for anti-poverty activities distributed by DHCD to local Community Action Agencies according to the usual CSBG formula. CSBG activities can include employment/job skills training, child development programs, emergency assistance, and many others.
Weatherization Assistance Program (awards announced 6/24/09)
- $122 million for aid to homeowners and local groups working to make homes more energy-efficient. 20% of funds set aside for training and technical assistance. Distributed according to formula.
Lead Hazard Abatement
- $2.6 million for lead-based paint removal. Distributed according to formula.
Community Development Block Grant (awards announced 8/13/09)
- $9.1 million for wide range of community development activities (including housing, infrastructure, and community economic development).
Tax Credit Assistance Program (awards announced 8/18/09)
- $45.5 million for restarting stalled Low-Income Housing Tax Credit projects.
Tax Credit Exchange Program (awards announced 11/24/09)
- US Treasury funds to Restart Stalled Low Income Tax Credit Projects -
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.