Please contact your MOBD Regional Director at the earliest point possible to discuss project parameters and for information and guidance on the required state and municipal processes.
Baseline Application Requirements
Required State & Municipal Designations: In most cases, to apply for EDIP Investment Tax Credit or Local Incentives, the parcels in which a company wishes to locate must be wholly located within an Economic Target Area (ETA) and Economic Opportunity Area (EOA) as designated by the Economic Assistance Coordinating Council (EACC).
Application & Resources: Economic Development Incentive Program 2014 Economic Opportunity Area Application
Economic Target Area (ETA) Map file size 1MB and corresponding Economic Target Area (ETA) List by Municipality
ETA Application Available Upon Request
Requirements for Companies Applying to the EACC for the EDIP Investment Tax Credit:
1. A Letter of Intent to apply for the Economic Development Incentive Program: A letter of intent must be submitted to the municipality of interest and the municipality's MOBD Regional Director. The letter of intent should be sent as the earliest possible date.
Sample: Sample Letter of Intent
2. Preliminary Application (Round 1): Companies interested in applying for the state EDIP Investment Tax Credit (ITC) must submit a preliminary application by the posted deadline for consideration at the corresponding EACC meeting. The Massachusetts Office of Business Development (MOBD) will review the application and ensure that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements of the EDIP.
Preliminary Application: Economic Development Incentive Program 2014 Preliminary Application
3. Supplemental Application (Round 2): Qualified applicants may be sent a Supplemental Application for consideration by the EACC. Applications must be submitted by the posted deadline for consideration at the corresponding EACC meeting.
Sample Application Materials: SAMPLE Economic Development Incentive Program 2014 Supplemental Application
Supplemental Application Exhibit 1: EDIP Investment Analysis
Supplemental Exhibit 1A: Machinery & Equipment Breakdown for Manufacturers
Supplemental Exhibit 2: Local Incentive Valuation
Requirements for Companies Applying to the EACC for Local Incentives Only:
1. Letter of Intent to apply for the Economic Development Incentive Program: See above for sample.
2. Local Incentive Only Application: Companies that are working with their municipality to execute either a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Agreement or Special Tax Assessment (STA), but will not be applying for the state EDIP Investment Tax Credit, must submit a Local Incentive Only Application to the EACC by the posted deadline for consideration at the corresponding meeting date.
Local Incentive Only Application: Economic Development Incentive Program 2014 Local Incentive Only Application
Exhibit 1: Local Incentive Valuation (Local Incentive Only)