- Number of firms with 19 employees or less: 126,300 that is 86% of all MA firms
- Number of employees in firms with 19 or less employees: 518,500 that is 17% of all employees
- Number of "Non-employers": 458,000 (i.e., Sole Proprietors)
Services are provided by:
Office of Small Business & Entrepreneurship ( OSBE), which mission is to create policies and programs to support small businesses & entrepreneurs across the Commonwealth of MA.
OSBE is the most valuable resource for Small Business Community, and utilizes the following business development tools:
- Small Business Assistance Advisory Council
- Technical Assistance Grants & Office
- MA Small Business Development Centers
Access to a wide spectrum of available financing and funding, including:
Technical Assistance Grants
Small Business Procurement Program
Technical Assistance Resources
- Small Business Development Centers
- Community Development Corporations
Financial Assistance Organizations
- Quasi's: (i.e., CDFC, EST, MTDC, MassDevelopment, MTC)
- Alternative Lenders (i.e.,Certified Development Companies, Micro)
State & Federal programs
- Workforce Training Fund
- Career Centers
- Departments of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulations, Revenue, International Trade, Industrial Accident, etc
- SOMWBA, AMP
- Offices of Secretary of the Commonwealth, Treasurers, Attorney General's
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.