The Peer-to-Peer Technical Assistance Program awards small grants to Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) non-entitlement communities to hire Peer Consultants from other municipalities for short-term problem solving or assistance with projects that support local community development and capacity building activities.
Municipalities may apply to DHCD for $1,000 grants to pay for up to 30 hours ($900) of Peer Consultant assistance and up to $100 for reimbursement of their travel, photocopying and the cost of incidental materials. Elected and appointed officials and municipal employees are eligible to serve as Peer Consultants. The Program is funded with Massachusetts CDBG technical assistance funds.
CDBG non-entitlement communities – i.e., municipalities with a population of under 50,000 that do not receive CDBG funds directly from the federal Department of Housing and Community Development are eligible for Peer-to-Peer funding. Peer Consultants may come from either non-entitlement or entitlement communities.
How to Apply
Applications for funding are accepted on a rolling basis. Funding is limited so applications will be funded on a first-come, first-served basis. Application instructions can be found in The Peer-to-Peer Program Implementation Guidelines . Individuals interested in serving as Peer Consultants must submit an application to DHCD.
The Peer-to-Peer Program can assist municipalities with a wide range of CDBG-eligible community development activities.
- Abington - Economic Development Planning file size 2MB
- Marlborough - Affordable Housing Lottery: Training and Support file size 1MB
- Newbury - Housing Assistance Report file size 4MB
- Oaks Bluffs - Downtown Revitalization file size 2MB
- Palmer - Planning for a Possible Casino
- Reading - Way Finding and Directional Signage file size 6MB
- Reading - Downtown Revitalization file size 3MB
- Tewksbury - Geographic Information Systems (GIS) file size 6MB
- Ware - Downtown Revitalization
- West Boylston, Boylston and Sterling - Community Housing Specialist: Scope of Services
For more information contact Carol Wolfe, Revitalization Coordinator, at 617-573-1450 or at Carol.Wolfe@state.ma.us.