Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 6, Section 108, establishes the Manufactured Homes Commission. It is the mission of the Manufactured Homes Commission to provide prompt, impartial service to all parties affected by or concerned with matters pertaining to manufactured housing communities, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Legislation Authorizing the Manufactured Homes Commission
Next Meeting of the Manufactured Homes Commission
Date: Tuesday January 20, 2014
The Commission meets four times each year at various locations throughout the Commonwealth in order to address problems and concerns of both owners and tenants. The meetings are open to the public.
2014 Manufactured Homes Commission Meeting Schedule
- January 20, 2014 - Taunton
- May 19, 2014 - Chicopee
- July 15, 2014 - Pittsfield
- September 16 , 2014 - Peabody
It is the mission of the Manufactured Homes Commission to provide prompt, impartial service to all parties affected by or concerned with matters pertaining to manufactured housing communities, to the maximum extent permitted by law. In the implementation of its Mission, the Commission:
1. Shall identify issues pertaining to manufactured housing communities, the owners of such communities, and the owners of manufactured homes and make recommendations to deal with these issues;
2. May receive complaints from owners of manufactured housing communities and manufactured homes owners, and if appropriate, make recommendations for resolution;
3. May develop, with the Department of Housing and Community Development, proposals for specific zoning standards to be applicable to new manufactured housing communities in order to ensure that all such new communities are well designed, attractive, and suited to the needs of manufactured Homes owners;
4. May formulate, with the Department of Housing and Community Development, proposals for local taxation of manufactured Homes and home sites so that municipal tax revenues meet the cost of hosting a manufactured housing community; and
5. Shall file an annual report with the Governor, the General Court, the Attorney General, and the Department of Housing and Community Development, about the Commission's activities and recommendations, if any, with drafts of legislation required to effect such recommendations.
Manufactured Homes Commission By-Laws - approved 10/16/2007
The five (5) member commission is appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Council, and must include at least one resident of a manufactured housing community and also one community owner. Not more than three (3) members shall be of the same political party. The Commission presently consists of five (5) members: two park residents, two park owners, and one state representative. The Attorney General and the Undersecretary of the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) are ex-officio members.
Nancy Fallon, Vice Chair
Jeffery Hallahan, Commissioner
Carl Zack, Commissioner
Sherri Sore, Secretary
Manufactured Home Parks in Massachusetts
- Manufactured Home Communities - sorted by town
- Manufactured Home Communities - sorted by park name
- Manufactured Home Communities -
sorted by park name
The Attorney General's Guide to Manufactured Housing and Community Law
Jesse Martinez President 413-664-4881
For more information:
Please contact DHCD's Division of Community Services at 617-573-1400.