Public Housing and Rental Assistance has the responsibility for administrative oversight of all state-aided public and private housing programs that address the housing needs of low- and moderate-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. The Division is comprised of:
- Section 8 Programs, which cover rental subsidies, upgrading of substandard rental housing and a wide spectrum of support services tied to a rental subsidy;
- Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program, which provides rental subsidies in a flexible way that is more responsive to client choices;
- Asset Management which oversees the operation and management of 254 local housing authorities and their 49,368 public housing units;
- Housing Finance which has fiscal oversight of the financial records and capital expenditures of local housing authorities;
- Housing Development and Construction which has responsibilities for the design, development and construction of new public housing units and the modernization of existing ones; and
- Housing Inspections which conducts or supervises inspections of residential properties under various state financing, subsidy or other programs.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.