The MassWorks Infrastructure Program provides a one-stop shop for municipalities and other eligible public entities seeking public infrastructure funding to support economic development and job creation. The Program represents an administrative consolidation of six former grant programs:
- Public Works Economic Development (PWED)
- Community Development Action Grant (CDAG)
- Growth Districts Initiative (GDI) Grant Program
- Massachusetts Opportunity Relocation and Expansion Program (MORE)
- Small Town Rural Assistance Program (STRAP)
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Program
The MassWorks Infrastructure Program provides a one-stop shop for municipalities and other eligible public entities seeking public infrastructure funding to support:
- Advance economic development or housing opportunities in Gateway Cities;
- Complement existing centers of development such as city and town center revitalization projects or mill redevelopment opportunities;
- Include a mix of commercial and residential development or contribute to a mix of development within an area (with an emphasis on multi-family or small lot single-family residential development);
- Are consistent with regional land use and development plans; and
- Provide for transportation improvements which enhance roadway safety in small, rural communities.
The MassWorks Infrastructure Program is administered by the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, in cooperation with the Department of Transportation and Executive Office for Administration & Finance.
To learn more about applying to the 2014 MassWorks Infrastructure Program please click here.