4.3 Market the strengths of doing business in Massachusetts (four action items)
4.3.1 Under the leadership of MassEcon and the Massachusetts Marketing Partnership, increase by 20% annually over the next five years the number of private sector “ambassadors” sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm about the Commonwealth with businesses interested in locating or growing here, with a corresponding increase in the number of networking events, forums and marketing channels in which these ambassadors participate
Contact: Michael Quinlin
- MassEcon and the Massachusetts Marketing Partnership are initiating a new round of outreach to secure new ambassadors for CY2013, with plans to solicit prospective ambassadors over the summer and to have a reception for new and existing ambassadors in the fall of 2013.
- Number of private sector ambassadors increased by over 20%; from 22 to 27.
4.3.2 Under the leadership of the Massachusetts Marketing Partnership, in collaboration with the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, leverage our status as a leading host of international scientific, medical and technical conferences to better connect and market our key industry clusters
Contact: Betsy Wall
- In March, the Boston Convention Center welcomed the PaxEast Convention, the world’s best game inventors, programmers, marketers and entertainment companies, to showcase the latest in this $2 billion industry. The event garnered “astonishing buzz“ on social networks, and tens of thousands of people attended the weekend event. Over 40 Massachusetts companies were represented, a sign of the state’s robust and burgeoning gaming community. A “Made in Mass” scavenger hunt, which drove attendees to the Massachusetts Booths, had over 200 players and well over 1,200 scans. MassDigi had a strong presence and served as the anchor for promoting the unique partnership that includes academia, state government and the industry. Check out the HED YouTube Video Tour of some of the Mass Booths.
- Hosted Mass Lounge and participated in panel discussions at PAX East (one of the largest digital gaming conventions in the country.
- Hosted Innovation Week – represents collaboration with 8 conferences bringing together thousands of people from around the world focused on the innovation economy and Massachusetts as global leader.
- Hosted International BIO Convention.
4.3.3 Under the leadership of the Massachusetts Marketing Partnership, in collaboration with MassPort, increase the number of direct flights between Massachusetts and other global centers of activity for our key industry clusters
Contact: Tom Gradel
- Boston Logon now offers 35 international nonstop destinations. Click
- Completed direct flight to Latin America – Copa Airlines.
- Conducted Spanish language training for travel agents and tour operators in Medellin, Columbia, Panama City, Panama, and San Jose, Costa Rica, to introduce those key sellers to Massachusetts as a destination.
Completed direct flight to Japan – Japan Air.
4.3.4 Under the leadership of MassEcon and the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, develop and distribute marketing information showcasing an attractive variety of truly “development ready” sites across the Commonwealth, with supporting information regarding regional strengths, such as regions with a lower cost of doing business and a lower cost of living
Contact: Michael Quinlin
- The Massachusetts Marketing Partnership is working with MassEcon and the Massachusetts Office of Business Development to develop the Western Massachusetts region as a template for creating specific marketing information on all of the regions.
- Launched Market Ready 100 via MassEcon website.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.