- Massachusetts Foundation for Growth is a multi-year research project dedicated to crafting policy proposals that will increase housing production and economic growth.
- Compare median home values and median rents with median household incomes, by various occupations, across various regions in the Commonwealth. View paycheck to paycheck information for: Boston , Cambridge , Springfield , Worcester
- Map the combined housing and transportation affordability index for your community.
How much are your combined H&T costs? View housing and transportation affordability in: Boston , Springfield , Worcester
- Look up your neighborhood characteristics, community patterns, housing and transportation cost and connectivity based on your address.
- Map the walkability of your community using walk score. View the walkability of: Boston , Cambridge
, Springfield , Worcester
- Map your community's bike score. View the bike score for: Boston
- Look up transportation cost estimates, including the impact of changing gas prices, for your address and community. View transportation cost estimates for: Boston
- The HousingPolicy.org website provides various tools for addressing community housing needs.
Priced Out - Urban Land Institute (ULI) Publication
- Learn more about workforce families and individuals priced out of the Greater Boston housing market and the negative impacts that are a result.
The Boston Regional Challenge - ULI Publication
- Learn more about the Boston Regional Challenge of housing and transportation costs for families and individuals living and working in the region.
- Use this interactive map to overlay state priorities, including, but not limited to Chapter 40R districts, Chapter 43D districts, Priority Development Areas and Priority Preservation Areas, with projects going on in your community and region.
- Use the Department of Housing and Urban Development's online mapping tool to overlay data on housing, economic development, transportation and demographics.
Governors’ Institute on Community Design
- Scott Bernstein July 25 Presentation Housing and Transportation file size 8MB
- Secretary Bialecki July 25 Presentation Planning Ahead for Housing
- Jeff Lubbell July 25 Presentation Understanding Roles
- Lynn Ross July 25 Presentation Workforce Housing and Economic Competitiveness GenY
- Will Fleissig- PART 1: A developer's "back-of-the-envelope-notes" - Presentation from July 25, 2012 file size 8MB
- Will Fleissig- PART 2: A developer's "back-of-the-envelope-notes" - Presentation from July 25, 2012 file size 5MB
- Will Fleissig- PART 3: A developer's "back-of-the-envelope-notes" - Presentation from July 25, 2012 file size 6MB
- Will Fleissig- PART 4: A developer's "back-of-the-envelope-notes" - Presentation from July 25, 2012 file size 9MB
Transit-Oriented Development Tool kits, Presentations and Educational Materials
- Center for Transit-Oriented Development
- Mixed-Income Transit-Oriented Development Action Guide, Reconnecting America and the Center for Transit-Oriented Development
- HUD Transit-Oriented Development Toolkit
- Association of Bay Area Governments
- Living Cities TOD Toolkit Presentation, A Webinar for Living Cities' TOD Learning Community, Stephanie Pollock, Northeastern University and the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy
- Los Angeles Transit-Oriented Development Toolkit
- Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington