- Massachusetts Announces Funds to Train Machinists
The Patrick administration on Monday, December 15th, announced more funding to help strengthen the advanced manufacturing industry in Massachusetts.
- $2.75 Million Job Growth Grants Headed to Area
- The Andover Townsman: Manufacturing a dream for the future; New Greater Lawrence Tech Shop named after longtime Andover educator
Longtime Andover resident Norm Martin may have retired from Greater Lawrence Technical School on River Road more than 15 years ago. But his impact is still being felt at the school.
- Lowell Sun: State makes progress in manufacturing
TEWKSBURY -- When he started his job as the state's secretary of Housing and Economic Development as part of the Patrick administration in 2007, Greg Bialecki can remember manufacturing executives giving him a suspicious eye.
- Boston Globe: Siemens donates $660 million of software to help narrow skills gap
Boston Globe, April 15, 2014: Siemens announces a donation worth $660 million to Massachusetts technical schools and colleges to help train workers for careers in advanced manufacturing.
- Fox Business News Video: Michael Tamasi, AMC Board Member and CEO of AccuRounds, Attends White House Roundtable
Avon, MA - February 3, 2014: Michael Tamasi, CEO of AccuRounds and MA AMC Board Member, was invited to the White House Friday, January 31 to take part in an event convened by President Obama to discuss strategies for helping our nation's nearly 4 million long-term unemployed get back into the labor market. See a clip from his interview on Fox Business News "After the Bell" here.
- Secretary Bialecki Announces Grants to Support Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Training
LYNN – Tuesday, December 3, 2013 – Housing and Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki announced four awards today totaling more than $1.3 million to support regional programs to train unemployed and underemployed individuals, including veterans, for careers in the state’s advanced manufacturing industry.
- WBZ Business Breakfast: Made in MA
- iBerkshires: Governor Sees Manufacturing 'Renaissance'
- Worcester Business Journal: Legislature Forms Manufacturing Caucus
- South Coast Today: New Bedford High School to repave career paths for students
- The Lowell Sun: Manufacturers power Devens growth
- Boston Globe: Students, recent grads seek startup vibe
- The Today Show: AMP it up! Featured
- MassLive: Lt. Gov. Murray Visits Industry Fast Track Program at Putnam Technical Academy
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette: Campaign touts new face of manufacturing
- Worcester Business Journal: Worcester Leads NE in Manufacturing Jobs
- Brooking Institute: Manufacturing Report
- Boston.com: Manufacturers Seek Skilled Workers
- MassLive: WMass Manufacturing: Right for Revival
- Interview with AMC Co-Chair Ed Leyden