Statewide Manufacturing Summit To Be Held Next Tuesday In Worcester
Massachusetts manufacturers and industry supporters will convene for second annual summit at DCU Center
WORCESTER - To further the Patrick Administration’s goal of promoting and supporting advanced manufacturing in the Commonwealth, the Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative (AMC) is hosting its second annual statewide Advanced Manufacturing Summit on Tuesday, April 29 at the DCU Center in Worcester.
The day-long summit will bring together hundreds of leading executives and managers from the industry to share best practices, network, discuss future opportunities and challenges, and highlight the progress that has been made on a variety of AMC initiatives.
Governor Deval Patrick will deliver featured remarks at the summit. Other speakers will include Worcester Chamber of Commerce President and Former Lieutenant Governor Timothy Murray, Housing and Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki, President and CEO of INCOM Michael Detarando, President and CEO of MassDevelopment Marty Jones, and Founder of the Reshoring Initiative Harry Moser.
The day will consist of three sessions of panels and peer-to-peer workshops including experts from top manufacturing companies including DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson, EMC General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, Smith & Wesson, TE Connectivity, United Technologies and more. Topics will include sustainability, supply-chain strategies, advanced technologies, and best practices on how to gain and maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 29, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 7 a.m., Registration and Networking
- 8:45 a.m., Welcome and Opening Remarks - Speaking portion will include remarks by MassDevelopment President and CEO Marty Jones; INCOM President and CEO Michael Detarando and Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Timothy Murray.
- 9 a.m., Plenary Session: Our Workforce Future: What do You Demand? Moderated by Secretary of Housing and Economic Development, Greg Bialecki
- 10:00 a.m., First Session of Panels and Peer to Peer Workshops
- 11:30 a.m., Second Session of Panels and Peer to Peer Workshops
- 12:30 p.m., Luncheon and Discussion - Speaking portion will include remarks by Governor Deval Patrick, Founder of the Reshoring Initiative Harry Moser and CEO of AccuRounds Michael Tamasi
- 1:45 p.m., Third Session of Panels and Peer to Peer Workshops
- 3 p.m., Summit Ends
WHERE: DCU Center, 50 Foster St., Worcester
WHAT: Advanced Manufacturing Collaborative hosts second annual statewide Massachusetts Advanced Manufacturing Summit.
WHO: Governor Deval Patrick, Worcester Chamber of Commerce President Timothy Murray, Housing and Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki, President and CEO of INCOM Michael Detarando, President and CEO of MassDevelopment Marty Jones, CEO of AccuRounds Michael Tamasi and Founder of the Reshoring Initiative Harry Moser, and experts and representatives from top manufacturing companies.