Early intervention allows employers and employees to communicate about worker concerns. The DCS Rapid Response Team services are customized to each layoff and to each company's needs and expectations, and all services are provided at no cost to the employer.
Employers who have received the DCS Rapid Response Team services have reported many benefits such as:
- Higher productivity during the layoff event
- Lower absenteeism among workers
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as employees are re-employed more quickly when services are provided prior to layoff
- Potential higher morale due to reduced stress—employees felt the employer worked hard to help them in a difficult time
- Decreased likelihood of work disruptions
- Media and rumor management; the DCS Rapid Response Team understand the often confidential nature of layoffs, and will work with the company to ensure confidentiality at all times
- Better public relations for an employer
- Providing information regarding any state or federal requirements or laws for notification, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining (WARN) Act.
Expansion and Growth
The Rapid Response team also works with businesses to develop growth and expansion plans including:
- Linking growing companies to skilled workers from similar businesses that have downsized.
- Providing access to job posting boards, job fairs and recruitment activities.
- Assistance finding qualified, pre-screened candidates.
- Testing and accessing applicants.
- Information on the labor market, training grants and tax credits.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.