The Rapid Response Team also works closely with companies to avert layoffs and keep a skilled workforce engaged in the existing regional economy or industry. Rapid Response tries to identify the exact needs of a company in crisis. Once the needs are assessed then the team tries to help the company establish partnerships with other organizations and build networks to help them try and acquire those needs meant to reduce the possibility of layoffs or a plant closure.
Some of the resources available to companies to maintain their workforce include:
- Matching businesses that are in transition with similar skill sets.
- Communicating directly with employers on their needs and what is necessary to avoid layoffs
- Educate employers on various state and local programs and agencies including:
- WorkSharing Program
- Workforce Training Funds
- Career Centers
- Tax Incentives
- Business Loans
- Growth based systems for manufacturing
- Employee Ownership and succession plans
- Export opportunity identification
- SBA information
For more information, contact Rapid Response.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.