- Bringing you applicants that have a wide variety of job skills and experience. Our qualified staff pre-interview applicants and thoroughly assess skill levels to carefully match applicants to your job requirements. You are not obligated to hire the candidate we refer to you.
- Assisting you in designing a training plan that meets your needs.
- Guiding you during the OJT process to ensure a successful outcome.
On-the-Job Training is a contractual agreement in which the employer must agree to:
- Pay trainees wages and provide benefits commensurate with other employees doing similar work and with similar experience. OJT trainees are your employees and are subject to your company's policies.
- Commit to continued employment upon successful completion of the training.
- Provide substantive on-the-job training. Training takes place at your location, on your equipment, under your guidelines. The length of training will be determined by the job description, and demonstrated participant skill gaps.
- Submit trainee evaluations and payroll records to the Career Center for wage reimbursement.
How to Get Started
- Contact a Career Center near you.
- Meet with a Career Center Representative at your place of business to learn more about on-the-job training (OJT) and to determine whether your company is eligible.
- Talk with your Career Center Representative about OJT opportunities at your company and the type of OJT Trainee candidates you seek. Your Career Center Representative will work with you to find pre-screened candidates that meet your qualifications.
- Hire the OJT Trainee according to your hiring process and your hiring needs. As your employee, you train them your way, on your equipment. Your Career Center Representative will assist you in designing a training plan to ensure successful on-the-job training.
- Submit payroll records and monthly evaluations to the Career Center to get reimbursed a percentage of the OJT Trainee's wages during the training. Your Career Center Representative will be there to assist you every step of the way.
- Provide permanent employment to the trainee after successful completion of on-the-job training.