- Whether you typed it yourself, or had it written, typed, or typeset, PROOFREAD!!!
- Mistakes on resumes can be embarrassing, particularly when it is something obvious, such as your name misspelled. No matter how much you paid someone else to prepare your resume, YOU lose if there is a mistake.
- Proofread as carefully as possible. Get a friend to help you.
- Read your draft aloud as your friend checks the proofed copy. Switch places and repeat this step.
- Next read it word for word to check spelling and punctuation. If you are having it typed or typeset by a resume service or a printer, take the time during the day to proof it.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.