About DCS, Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) Programs
The Department of Career Services (DCS), Foreign Labor Certification unit is responsible for assisting employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers to bring non-immigrant foreign workers to the U.S. on a temporary or seasonal basis. In order to sponsor foreign workers for employment, employers must first seek labor certification through the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Once the labor certification is granted, employers must petition to the U.S. Department of Immigration and Citizenship for a work - visa.
Functions of the DCS Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) unit:
- Review H-2A and H-2B related applications.
- Coordinate the referral of U.S. workers to H-2A and H-2B related job orders.
- Perform pre-occupancy safety and health inspections of farm labor camps.
- Conduct Agricultural Prevailing Wage and Practices Surveys.
- Facilitate the posting of local job orders for employers utilizing other U.S. DOL visa programs.