Veterans' specialists will:
- help you organize your job search,
- work with you to design your own personal employment plan, a comprehensive and flexible way to help you manage your job search,
- assist you with writing your resume, and
- help you to develop your job leads.
Visit your nearest One-Stop Career Center to talk to a veterans' specialist. You can also look for job leads in the state and across the country through Massachusetts JobQuest.
Veterans' Employment RepresentativesVeterans' Employment Representatives (VERs) are state employees located in the state's One-Stop Career Centers. Their job is to provide job search services to veterans by:
- supervising the provision of all services to veterans including counseling, testing, and identifying training and employment opportunities;
- monitoring job listings from federal contractors to see that eligible veterans get priority in referrals to these jobs;
- monitoring federal department and agency vacancies listed at local One-Stop Centers processing complaints from veterans about the observance of veterans' preference by federal employers;
- promoting and monitoring the participation of veterans in federally-funded employment and training programs;
- cooperating with the Department of Veterans Affairs to identify and aid veterans who need work-specific prosthetic devices, sensory aids or other special equipment to improve their employability; and
- contacting community leaders, employers, unions, training programs and veterans' service organizations to be sure eligible veterans get the services to which they are entitled.
For more information about U.S. Department of Labor employment and training programs for veterans, contact the Veterans' Employment and Training Service office nearest you, listed in the phone book in the United States Government under the Labor Department.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.