To get the funding you need, start your search early.
  • Meet with staff at the financial aid office at the school or training facility you're interested in attending to learn about financial resources that are available to you.
  • Student aid may also be had from other federal agencies, such as the U.S. Public Health Service and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you (or your spouse) are a veteran or dependent of a veteran, educational assistance may be available through the Montgomery GI Bill, or the Massachusetts Army National Guard Educational Assistance Program.
  • Check foundations, religious organizations, labor unions, fraternities or sororities, and town or city clubs. Include community organizations and civic groups such as the American Legion, YMCA/YWCA, 4-H Club, Elks, Kiwanis, Chamber of Commerce, and the Girl or Boy Scouts.
  • Check possible sources of aid from professional organizations connected with your field of interest. Your public library likely has various directories of associations.