- Provided over $56 million in grants to prepare over 70,000 workers across the Commonwealth for the jobs of today and tomorrow. These awards were made through four primary grant programs.
- The Workforce Training Fund has provided over $40 million to help employers keep pace with change and upgrade skills and wages of over 55,000 workers.
- The Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund supports businesses which drive regional economic growth and has provided over $14.6 million to train over 7,000 participants with skills in high-demand occupations, through community partnerships addressing workforce needs in targeted sectors.
- The Extended Care Career Ladder Initiative has provided over $2 million to train over 9,000 long term care workers with educational opportunities and career ladder options.
- Served nearly 500,000 people and over 40,000 businesses with a range of job search, placement, training and recruiting through the state network of 37 One Stop Career Centers.
- Delivered benefits to nearly 1,000,000 unemployed workers over the last three years while undertaking a long term redesign of the Unemployment Insurance database system to modernize and increase effectiveness.
- Responded, via the Rapid Response Team to respond to more than 44,000 displaced workers at 600 businesses throughout the state to provide job training, career services, unemployment assistance, and health care information to workers displaced by layoffs and plant closings.
- Produced Regional Workforce Strategy Initiative data on high demand occupations and labor supply to over 1,800 individuals across the Commonwealth's 16 workforce regions and used the data to spur better linkages between higher education and workforce development to meet regional skills shortages.
- Created an incentive and assistance program for the 16 regional workforce boards to bring boards into alignment with the Governor's priorities and build a system that is more accountable, more results-oriented and more collaborative with the public and private sector to support our economy.
- Launched a new reemployment initiative at the state's 37 One Stop Career Centers to ensure that more unemployment claimants receive intensive counseling and job search support to facilitate return to work.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .