- Enhanced workplace safety through grants of over $2 million, covering 12,000 workers for accident & illness prevention improvements.
- Established the Joint Task Force on the Underground Economy and Employee Misclassification through Executive Order in March of 2008. As a result of the collaborative efforts of the Joint Task Force, the Commonwealth has recovered over $1 million in unpaid employer assessments and restitution to workers unfairly denied compensation.
- Established the Massachusetts Employee Safety and Health Advisory Committee through Executive Order in April of 2009. The Executive Order represents an important step in enhancing the occupational safety and health of the Commonwealth's employees using a collaborative, joint labor-management approach to identifying and addressing workplace hazards.
- Provided consultation Division of Occupational Safety visits to more than 400 private Massachusetts workplaces in 2008, identifying more than 5000 safety/health hazards which have been corrected.
- Stepped up compliance efforts at the Department of Industrial Accidents leading to a ten-fold increase in the number of Stop Work Orders issued to businesses failing to carry workers compensation insurance and a four-fold monthly increase in Stop Work order fines collected.
- Doubled number of businesses checked monthly for compliance with over 9,000 field compliance checks completed and ensured that over 7,800 workers are now covered by workers' compensation insurance in fiscal year 2009.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.