A party seeking to amend an existing bargaining unit to include or exclude a position must submit a Clarification and Amendment Petition ( click here for form) providing the Division with detailed information about the existing unit and the position sought to be included or excluded. After receiving the CAS petition, the Division assigns an agent who contacts all interested parties to obtain additional information relevant to the petition and to attempt to resolve any disputes concerning the unit placement of the disputed position(s). Based on the information in the petition and additional information provided to the agent, the Division decides whether there are disputed issues of fact that would require a hearing. If a hearing is not needed, the Division makes its decision about the unit placement of the disputed position(s) based on the information received from the parties.