(a) A completed application form with attachments as prescribed by the Director, which shall, at a minimum, include the following:
1. A list of all names, acronyms or other identifiers by which the applicant does or has done business, the address(es) and telephone number(s) of the business.
2. A list of the states in which the applicant holds a current license, certification, accreditation, or other approval for Asbestos Work.
3. A list of the names and addresses of all Asbestos Abatement firms or entities in which the Responsible Persons of the applicant have or have had a financial interest or management responsibility.
4. Corporate Articles of Organization and a Certificate of Good Standing issued by the Massachusetts Secretary of State or a DBA (doing business as) certificate for the asbestos contracting firm of the applicant issued by the city or town where the business is located.
5. A certified and notarized statement by a Responsible Person of the applicant that the applicant has paid all tax obligations current and due to the Commonwealth as of the date of application.
6. Evidence that Asbestos Work to be performed by the applicant is covered under a current workers' compensation policy or self-insurance program acceptable to the Commonwealth.
7. A list of all occupational safety and health-related citations or notices of violation, including notices of noncompliance, notices of responsibility, notices of intent to assess an administrative penalty, orders, consent orders and court judgements, received by the Responsible Persons of the applicant in the two years prior to the date of application, and the issuing agency or department and final disposition of such citation or notice.
8. A statement made under the penalties of perjury by a Responsible Person of the applicant that all employees to be engaged in Asbestos Work are certified, or will be certified prior to any work being performed by them, pursuant to the requirements of 453 CMR 6.00.
9. A list of the names and addresses of all Responsible Persons and managers of the applicant who have primary responsibility for, and control over, Asbestos Work of the applicant.
10. A written respirator program evidencing compliance with 29 CFR Part 1910.134.
11. Written procedures for complying with OSHA or EPA personal monitoring requirements.
12. A written description of a medical monitoring program evidencing compliance with 453 CMR 6.15(4) or 29 CFR 1926.1101, as applicable.
(b) Asbestos training certificates or legible copies thereof, indicating that a Responsible Person or manager of the applicant listed pursuant to 453 CMR 6.05(1)(a)9. has successfully completed the applicable initial and refresher training requirements for Asbestos Supervisors specified by 453 CMR 6.10(2), 6.10(4)(c) and/or 453 CMR 6.10(5).
(c) Such other information as the Director may reasonably require.
(d) A money order or certified bank check payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the amount of the entire annual fee of $2,000, or any other amount established for such license pursuant to M.G.L. c. 7. § 3B. If the Director denies, revokes, suspends or refuses to renew the License for reasons specified in 453 CMR 6.04, the fee payment is not refundable.
(2) Renewal of an Asbestos Contractor License. An Asbestos Contractor license is valid for a period of one year. The Director may renew an Asbestos Contractor license upon written application for renewal by the license holder. Renewal applications should be submitted to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development no later than 30 calendar days before the expiration of the current license. The submission of a renewal application later than 30 days before the expiration of the current license may result in renewal after the expiration of the current license. Said application for renewal shall include submission of the items referenced at 453 CMR 6.05(1)(a) through (d), including a current certificate of training indicating that a Responsible Person or manager of the applicant listed pursuant to 453 CMR 6.05(1)(a)9. has successfully completed the refresher training requirements for Asbestos Supervisors specified by 453 CMR 6.10(5).
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.