Renewal of asbestos/deleading walk-in licenses
Subject: Asbestos supervisors, workers, and consultants, and Deleader-supervisors and workers, can now renew your DLS licenses by mail.
DLS is now accepting applications BY MAIL for RENEWAL of Asbestos Supervisor, Asbestos Worker, Asbestos Project Monitor, Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Management Planner, Asbestos Project Designer, Deleader-supervisor, and Deleader-worker licenses. Our office walk-in service will still be available as follows:
- Boston: Open Mondays only from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Springfield: Open the First Tuesday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Haverhill: Open Wednesdays only from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- New Bedford: Open the Second Thursday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Westborough: Open the Third Friday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Criteria for mail-in applications for renewal:
Only renewal applications can be processed by mail. Initial licenses must still be processed in person at of our office locations. Your application must include the following items:
- The correct application form for the license you are renewing; the application must be completely filled out, signed, and dated (provide email address).
- A copy of your current refresher training certificate (and any other refresher training certificates since your last license with DLS).
- A copy of a government-issued identification (See: List of Acceptable Forms of Identification )
- Any other information DLS may reasonably require.
- Money order or certified check for the correct amount (See: DLS Fee Schedule ). Please provide separate checks for Lead or Asbestos licenses. No personal or company checks will be accepted.
- For Deleader-supervisors and Deleader-workers, applicants must include the completed DLS Reporting Physician’s Statement form attached to the application. This form must be completely filled out and signed by a physician. Blood lead level and ZPP results must be within 3 months of the date of application.
- Applications along with payment shall be mailed to Department of Labor Standards, Attention: Licensing Unit, 19 Staniford Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114.
Please submit your application at least 14 days prior to the expiration of your current license to allow for processing. Incomplete applications or not submitting all required supporting documents will delay the review process and may result in your license being renewed after its expiration date. Your renewed license will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
All applications are available at http://www.mass.gov/dols.
If you have any questions, please contact our licensing office at (617) 626-6960.