Certifying Officials can obtain forms noted below as controlled forms either from the Department of Veterans Affairs at (888) 442-4551 or from the Massachusetts Division of Apprentice Standards at (617) 626-5409.
Include these forms with all INITIAL apprentice application packages.
- VA Form 22-1990 , Application for Benefits, OR
- VA Form 22-1995 , Change of Program (which is used ONLY if the claimant was previously enrolled in any type of VA-approved education or training program.)
- VA Form 22-8794, Designation of Certifying Officials (controlled form)
- VA Form 22-1999, Certification of Enrollment (controlled form)
- DD Form 214, Separation or Release from Active Duty (for Chapter 30, Active Duty G.I. Bill benefits), OR
- DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility or "NOBE" (for Chapter 1606, Selected Reserve G.I. Bill benefits).
- VA Form 22-6553d-1 , Monthly Certification of On-the-Job and Apprenticeship Training (which is included only if a period of apprentice training had been completed up to the point of initial application)
If the claimant is a spouse of dependent of a deceased or permanently disabled veteran and thereby eligible for the Chapter 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program, the following paperwork must also be included in the State apprenticeship application package:
- VA Form 22-5490 , Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance, OR
- VA Form 22-5495 , Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance) This form is used ONLY if the claimant was previously enrolled in a VA-approved education or training program and was collecting VA benefits.
2. Send the following to the Department of Veterans Affairs AND to the Division of Apprentice Training when an apprentice is TERMINATED FROM AN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM or when an apprentice is DEPLOYED ON ACTIVE DUTY with his or her National Guard or Reserve unit.
- VA Form 1999b, Notice of Change in Student Status (controlled form), OR
- A signed letter from the apprentice's VA Certifying Official (usually the apprentice's supervisor or boss) on official company letterhead that clearly describes the circumstances affecting the apprentice's termination or temporary absence from the training program.
- A copy of the apprentice's National Guard or Reserve ACTIVE DUTY ORDERS.
3. Send the following to the Department of Veterans Affairs when an apprentice RETURNS FROM AN ACTIVE DUTY DEPLOYMENT with his or her National Guard or Reserve unit.
- VA Form 22-1999, Certification of Enrollment (controlled form). The form should include the date the apprentice returned from Active Duty and the adjusted end date of the apprenticeship program, which will account for the time spent on Active Duty. This extension date must be approved by the Division of Apprentice Training.
- DD Form 214, Separation or Release from Active Duty.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.