Welcome to the website of the Department of Labor Standards. As you explore this site, you will find information about the protection of workers' safety and health, wages and working conditions, as well as access to online services offered through the department.
I encourage you to utilize this portal to:
- Learn more about the laws and regulations that protect worker safety and health;
- Find out how to access safety and health consultation services offered to employers to assist them in making their workplaces safer and healthier;
- Browse upcoming safety and health training sessions and find out how to sign up for them;
- Check the laws that are in place that protect workers' wages, including the prevailing wage, minimum wage and overtime laws;
- Request a prevailing wage rate schedule using our online request system;
- Download applications for various lead and asbestos disciplines and employment agency licensure and registration;
- Locate a licensed or certified person or business to perform your deleading, renovation, painting or abatement project;
- Verify that the employment agency or staffing agency you are working with is licensed or registered;
- Read the latest Massachusetts Occupational Injuries and Illnesses Report;
- Become familiar with apprentice training guidelines and requirements,
- And much more!
We are constantly working to enhance our online services, so please check back regularly to look for updates and improvements.