Employment agencies must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in order to conduct business in the state, regardless of whether or not the agency has a physical office within state borders. 

Employment Agency FAQs
In order to understand the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards’ regulation of employment agencies please read our frequently asked questions.

Employment Agency and Temporary Workers Right to Know Regulations - 454 CMR 24.00

Employment Agency Law, M.G.L. c. 140, §§46A-46R

Temporary Workers Right to Know Law, M.G.L. c. 149, §159C

Initial License and Registration Application

Renewal License Application

Copy of the Employment Agency Law (required posting)

Related Links to Assist Employment Agencies

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.