Placement agencies must be registered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in order to conduct business in the state, regardless of wether or not the agency has a physical office within state borders.

Placement Agencies FAQs
In order to understand the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards’ regulation of placement agencies please read our frequently asked questions.

Employment Agency and Temporary Workers Right to Know Regulations - 454 CMR 24.00

Employment Agency Law, M.G.L. c. 140, §§46A-46R

Temporary Workers Right to Know Law, M.G.L. c. 149, §159C

Initial License and Registration Application

Renewal License and Registration Applications

Related Links to Assist Placement Agencies

Who is Responsible for Keeping Temporary Workers Safe?

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.