The Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Board (formerly under EO 511 the Massachusetts Employee Safety and Health Advisory Committee) is a 13-member board, consisting of the following persons or their designees:
- Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development
- Personnel Administrator/Chief Human Resources Officer
- Director of the Department of Labor Standards
- Secretary of Administration and Finance
- Director of the Office of Employee Relations
- Commissioner of the Department of Public Health
- Director of the Department of Industrial Accidents
- Four representatives from labor unions representing employees of the commonwealth
- One representative from a community-based health and safety advocacy organization
- One member of the faculty of the Department of Work Environment at the University of Massachusetts Lowell
Board's Mission Statement: The Board will serve to evaluate and address any needed improvements in the protection of our Commonwealth employees at the macro policy level. The Board will use methods such as evaluation of existing health and safety systems, and injury and illness statistics to create recommendations on effective strategies to improve state worker health and safety, including centralized worker protection policies or regulations, needed resource allocations, and/or agency health and safety system improvement measures. The Board will also monitor the effectiveness of the state's health and safety programs.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.