A public employee manager/supervisor can request free technical assistance, for example a safety and health audit of a wastewater treatment plant, a school electrical safety audit, or safety committee coaching.  If safety and health hazards are observed, a “Technical Assistance Report” which itemizes each condition and recommends corrective action will be provided. Civil penalties are not issued for voluntary requests for technical assistance.  However, the employer will be required to provide documentation that conditions which required corrective action were corrected. Call the Department of Labor Standards at 508-616-0461, or send an e-mail to: safepublicworkplace@state.ma.us..