• Information We Need From You

    Be sure to have these information ready before you apply for unemployment benefits.
  • Apply Online

    You can apply for UI benefits using UI Online.  
  • Apply by Phone

    Call the TeleClaim Center to apply for benefits.
  • If you are not a US Citizen

    If you are not a citizen of the United States and you are filing a claim for unemployment insurance benefits, the Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) must verify that you are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

  • If You Have Moved from Massachusetts

    Instructions for filing an interstate claim.
  • Combined-Wage Claim

    To file a Combined-Wage Claim with Massachusetts, you must have worked and earned wages in Massachusetts as well as another state(s) during Massachusetts base periods.
  • What Happens After You Apply for Unemployment Benefits

    After you apply for benefits, some actions need to be taken by DUA while others need to be taken by you.