If you worked in Massachusetts and move to another state, your unemployment insurance claim will be what is known as an "interstate claim." (Claims filed by Massachusetts workers who live in Massachusetts are known as "intrastate" claims.). Your claim will still be subject to Massachusetts law and to the same requirements as if you were still living in the Commonwealth.

How to file an interstate claim or contact DUA for help with your claim

If you want to apply for benefits with Massachusetts, you have two options: 

  • File yourself using UI Online
  • Contact the TeleClaim Center at 617-626-6800

In order to ensure that you receive the full benefits to which you are entitled, it is recommended that you apply for benefits during your first week of total or partial unemployment, just as you would in Massachusetts.

What to do when you move 

Access your account to update your address and contact information or contact TeleClaim Center by phone. 

How to get information on your benefit payment

If you have a question about your payment, you may access your account using UI Online or call the "Payment Status Line" at 617-626-6563 for information. If the payment was issued and you did not receive it, please call the TeleClaim Center at 617-626-6800

Using UI Online or TeleCert to request weekly benefit payments 

After you apply for benefits, you must request payment on a weekly basis using UI Online or TeleCert. We encourage interstate claimants to use UI Online to request benefit payments.