- When you choose to use TeleCert, you will call weekly to request your eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits by answering questions using the numbers on a touch-tone telephone.
- When you use TeleCert, you file for benefits every week that you are unemployed or working part-time.
(If you worked full-time, you are not eligible for benefits for that week and should not call.)
Not only can you request benefit payments by telephone, but TeleCert will also tell you:
- If you are eligible for benefits for that week.
- The amount of your payment if you are eligible for payment.
If you have part-time earnings, TeleCert will compute the amount of your payment.
- If there is a problem that affects your eligibility.
What do you need to sign up for TeleCert?
- You must have selected a DUA Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- You must have use of a touch-tone telephone.
Here's how TeleCert works.
- Call: 617-626-6338
- Days/times to call: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily.
Sunday is the first day of the week you can call to request benefits for the prior week.
- Answer these TeleCert questions.
Information you will need:
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your DUA 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- The amount of your gross earnings (your wages before taxes) if you worked during the week claimed.
(If you answer "yes" to this question, you will be asked to enter the amount of your gross earnings in dollars and cents. Include holiday pay. If you do not know how much you earned, you will need to call again to report your earnings. This may delay your benefits.)
If you make a mistake or want to hear the question repeated, press the * button.
Be sure to stay on the line until you are told your weekly claim filing is complete.
To reactivate your claim
If your claim is closed because you returned to work or for another reason your claim will "close." You may reactivate it by using UI Online, via TeleCert or by calling the DUA TeleClaim Center.