The Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) will soon introduce a new debit card called the Massachusetts Debit MasterCard®. In the coming months, claimants will receive further information about the Debit MasterCard®.
Benefits of the New Debit MasterCard
- No waiting for the check to be mailed.
- No worries about getting your check cashed.
- Spend your money by presenting your debit card.
- Use your money throughout the month-it is safe, fast and convenient.
- Customer service toll-free number to answer questions and obtain your balance.
The Debit MasterCard is a fast, convenient and secure way to receive your payments. Use it to:
- Make Purchases and Get Cash Back at a Merchant
- Get Cash at an ATM
- Get Cash at Bank Teller Window
Once the Debit MasterCard® is introduced, new and existing claimants will receive benefit payments via the Debit Card unless they elect to sign up for direct deposit to a checking or statement savings account. Paper checks will then no longer be issued.
If you're looking for a safe, convenient and reliable alternative to paper checks, Direct Deposit is available. Over 50% of claimants have signed up for Direct Deposit of their benefit payments.
Learn more about the convenience of Direct Deposit. To sign up for Direct Deposit, you can go online if you're an electronic user. You can also sign up by calling the TeleClaim Interactive Voice Response System at 1-617-626-6800 or toll free 1-877-626-6800 from area codes 351, 413, 508, 774 or 978. And select option 3 for Direct Deposit.