Due to heavy volume during the day on Sunday (the first day for signing weekly benefits), UI claimants may experience difficulty or delay with WebCert service. We encourage claimants to sign during the expanded hours of 7:00pm to 10:00pm on Sunday or use TeleCert (call 617-626-6338) during the expanded hours.
Certifying weekly benefits early in the day provides no advantage. All payments are sent at the same time on the next business day.
With WebCert, you can sign online for your unemployment insurance benefits.
- You can start using WebCert on Sunday for the week ending the prior Saturday.
- WebCert hours are Sunday - Friday, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. Sunday hours extended to 10 p.m. You cannot sign on Saturdays or legal holidays.
- You can alternate between WebCert and TeleCert - whichever is more convenient for you that week.
- WebCert accepts signings only for the week that has just ended.
- If you want to claim benefits for any week other than the current week, you must contact the DUA TeleClaim Center.
- If you have partial earnings that you did not report, you can report them the following week. Once you indicate that you had earnings for the week for which you are signing, you cannot be paid benefits for that week until you report the amount of your earnings.
To contact the TeleClaim Center:
- Call 1-877-626-6800 from area codes 351, 413, 508, 774 and 978.
- Call 1-617-626-6800 from any other area codes.
- Teleclaim Center hours: Expanded Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday.
- Waiting times are shorter later in the week.
How WebCert works
Step 1. Sign on to WebCert by entering your username and password.
Step 2. Respond to three eligibility questions.
Step 3. Report part-time earnings, if you have worked during the prior week.
Step 4. Confirm that your responses are correct, acknowledge that you understand there are penalties for false information, and submit your claim.
You will receive a confirmation that your claim has been filed. Print that page for your records.
Get information on your claim
This service will give you an update on your unemployment insurance claim.
Find out the following about your unemployment insurance check:
- when it was mailed
- the amount of your check
- the weeks covered by the check
- the balance of the remaining benefits available to you
- the last week you claimed benefits
- if there are any problems with your claim or information needed by DUA