We have increased staff hours and made many adjustments to our technology. To help claimants certify weekly benefits more efficiently, we have provided some tips below. By following these suggestions, we hope that you will be able to access services you require more effectively.
- Certifying Weekly Benefits on the Web: If you have internet access, we encourage you to claim weekly benefits online at www.mass.gov/dua/webcert. WebCert allows you to certify for benefits without delay. Additionally, you can verify weekly payment information during the same session using the Claimant Account Inquiry option. To sign up for WebCert, just click the First-Time User Login button on the website above, and complete the online registration.
If you had previously registered for online services but have misplaced/forgotten your username and password:
> call 617-626-5700 to retrieve your username.
> click on the " Forgot Your Password" link on WebCert Login Page to reset your password.
- Certifying Weekly Benefits by Phone: You can claim weekly benefits by phone or web. If web is not an option, we recommend that you call TeleCert after 2:00 pm and later in the week. A recent study showed a 97.5% success rate on calls placed after 2:00 pm on a Sunday. Some delays should be expected if you certify by phone.
- New Extended Hours on Sunday for Weekly Certification: Sunday hours have been extended to 10:00 p.m. to allow more claimants to certify for prior week's benefits on the first day.
- Account Status: It is easier to access Claimant Account Inquiry on the web rather than to call Check Status on the phone to verify your payment information. Calling Check Status ties up phone lines, blocking individuals who need to get through to file an initial claim or claim weekly benefits.
- Payments: Certifying weekly benefits early in the day provides no advantage. All payments are sent at the same time on the next business day. Direct Deposit is the fastest, most reliable way to receive your benefit payments. Over 40% of claimants are already receiving payments through direct deposit. To sign up for direct deposit, please go to www.mass.gov/dua/webcert.
- Heaviest Traffic Times/Days: Our busiest times are Sunday through Tuesday, especially from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Long waits and busy signals can be expected during these times. To help us space out the calls, please try to call outside of these peak periods, and refrain from using automatic redial as it ties up valuable telephone capacity.
It is our goal to provide you with the best customer service possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.