If you are calling to file a new claim or reopen a claim for unemployment benefits, the fastest and easiest way to file is using UI Online at www.mass.gov/ui-online. UI Online is available 7 days a week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
You can also file for unemployment or reopen an existing claim by phone. You have the option to:
- Avoid long hold times by scheduling a callback at a time that is convenient for you by using the feature below
- Call the DUA TeleClaim Center. The number you call depends on your area code:
- (877) 626-6800 from area codes 351, 413, 508, 774, and 978
- (617) 626-6800 from any other area code
- 711 for Voice Relay
The TeleClaim Center hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. When you apply for benefits by phone, you must follow the call schedule below.
DUA TeleClaim Call Schedule
|If the last digit of your Social Security Number is:||Assigned Day to Call TeleClaim is:|
|4, 5, 6||Wednesday|
|7, 8, 9||Thursday|
|Any last digit||Friday|
How to Check your Claim or Payment Status
- Log in to your UI Online account at: www.mass.gov/ui-online and select Home Page
- Call the Payment Status Line at (617) 626-6563
How to Apply for Direct Deposit
To receive your unemployment benefits through direct deposit, you will need to have the 9-digit routing number of your bank and your bank account number available. You can set up direct deposit through UI Online or by phone. Go to Set up direct deposit to learn more.
Update Contact Information, Payment Method, Dependent Information
To update your address, telephone number, change your payment method, or enter dependent information, you can:
- Log in to your UI Online account at: www.mass.gov/ui-online
- Schedule a callback at a time that is convenient for you by using the feature above
- Call the TeleClaim Center, select your language preference, and press 4 for customer assistance
DUA Automated Telephone Services
- Call TeleCert at (617) 626-6338 to request weekly unemployment benefits. You will be required to certify your eligibility each time you request weekly benefits. Go to Request weekly unemployment benefits to learn more.
- Call the Payment Status Line at (617) 626-6563 to check your claim status or payment information
- Call the PIN Service Line at (617) 626-6943 to select or change your TeleCert PIN. Go to Create a TeleCert PIN to learn more.