Important Information: MSP will no longer be available as of December 31, 2013
Due to changes in state and federal law, MSP will no longer be available to claimants as of December 31, 2013.
- In order to have health coverage beginning January 1, 2014, you must apply for a new health insurance plan.
- You can apply for a new plan beginning on October 1, 2013. This means that even if you are currently enrolled in MSP, beginning October 1, 2013 you will need to apply for health insurance coverage that would begin on January 1, 2014.
- As long as you remain otherwise eligible, your MSP coverage will continue through December 31, 2013.
- It is important that you apply for a new plan and pay your first premium prior to December 23, 2013 to avoid any break in your health insurance coverage.
The pamphlet has information about enrollment and general information about your upcoming transition. For more information on how to apply, please call the Massachusetts Health Connector at 1-877-MA ENROLL (1-877-623-6765) or visit www.MAHealthConnector.org.
Medical Security Program Application file size 1MB
- If your yearly family income has changed since you first applied for MSP and you believe you are eligible for a lower rate per individual, you may request an income recalculation.