You and your family may be eligible for the Medical Security Program - this includes your spouse, any children up to their 26th birthday or disabled children regardless of age. To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
• You must be a Massachusetts resident;
• Become unemployed from a Massachusetts employer;
• Receive unemployment insurance benefits from Massachusetts;
• Your annualized total family income (for six months prior to your application for the Medical Security Program plus your projected income for the next six months) must be less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines (see chart) and
• Do not have access to spouse's insurance (affordability will be considered);
• Not enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare Part B;
You may reapply for the Medical Security Program while you are still collecting unemployment benefits if:
• You do not initially meet income guidelines for Medical Security Program, and your income falls below the eligibility guideline while you are still receiving unemployment insurance.
• You were initially disqualified from receiving unemployment insurance, and your disqualification was overturned on appeal or you requalify for benefits.
Even if you are unsure of your income eligibility, you should submit your application. We will review your application to determine your eligibility.