Conciliation DMS FAQs

1. What documents do I need to give to the Conciliator at Conciliation?

Only new documents, not previously filed with the claim or complaint, need to be provided to the Conciliator, with a cover sheet. If you initially filed the document with your claim, then you do not need to provide them again at the Conciliation.

2. Do I need to put a cover sheet on each document submitted with at Conciliation?

No. You only need one Cover sheet for all material submitted for Conciliation. They should be submitted under a single cover sheet, with a Document Type of 'DR-Conciliation Submissions'.

3. Can cover sheets be photocopied?

Cover sheets submitted to the department must be originals, so that that bar code can be read. Photocopied bar codes will not scan correctly.

4. How do I submit documents received after the Conciliation?

If a Conciliator is holding a case, you may submit additional documents by:

A. You can send documents electronically as an email attachment. In this way you do not need to prepare a bar-code sheet.

B.You can send documents through first-class mail. If you send it this way, you must prepare an additional bar-code sheet. If the case has already been forwarded to Conference you would send the new material to the judge assigned to the case.

5. Do I need a bar-coded cover sheet for a 'cover letter?'

No. A cover letter should be incorporated with the document to which it is attached.

6. How do I know all my documents have been properly scanned?

By the time you receive a Conciliation notice you should be able to access the board file using your CMS account. It is your responsibility to verify that all your documents have been properly scanned .

7. When I submit a lump sum agreement for approval do I need a cover sheet for each of the forms that make up the lump sum package?

No. You just need one cover sheet, with a Document Type of 'DIA 117 LS Agreement'.