The purpose of these guidelines is to help familiarize approved vocational rehabilitation providers with policies and practices established over time by the Office of Education and Vocational Rehabilitation (OEVR).
In addition to the guidelines set forth below, providers should be familiar with the following:
- Massachusetts General Laws, chapter 152, § 1(12), § 30E, § 30F, § 30G, § 30 H and § 30I;
- 452 CMR 4.00 - Vocational Rehabilitation et seq.;
- the Request for Proposals (RFP) issued annually by the department for approval of vocational rehabilitation providers;
- the terms and conditions of the standard state contract for those providers under contract to perform services payable by the Workers' Compensation Trust Fund (as established under MGL c. 152, § 65(2)(d); and
- the Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors.