The Keeper of Records Office (KOR) [also known as the Records Access Officer] responds to requests for records in compliance with Massachusetts Public Records Law [MGL c. 66]. A WRITTEN request must be sent to the KOR. All documents that are not considered public records, or considered exempt under the MGL c. 4, § 7(26), in whole or in part, shall be withheld. The Keeper of Records for the Department of Industrial Accidents is Bill Taupier, Director of Administration, 617-727-4900 ext. 7560, Bill.Taupier@massmail.state.ma.us.
- The Baker Administration has implemented standardized production costs in response to public records requests, and in the interest of cost savings and environmental purposes, fulfill requests electronically as able.
- Electronic Copies: No charge for duplication*
- 1-4 precisely defined documents: No charge**
- Black and White Hard Copies: 10 cents per page for single- and double-sided copies.
- Color Hard Copies: 50 cents per page
- To improve communications with the public, secretariats and agencies through their KOR will notify a requester within 5 days if the records they are seeking may take more than 10 days and/or $10 to produce. Requests should be fulfilled in no more than eight weeks, with any extension being explained to a requester in writing.
- DIA will regularly make available frequently requested information and/or records on their website and provide information as able, in electronic, searchable formats.
- The DIA will waive search and retrieval fees for standard public records requests, provide at no cost the first 4 hours of work required for more complex requests, and charge no more than $25 per hour for additional time required and notify the requester of those costs in advance.
*Costs for discs, thumb-drives or other storage devices necessary to transmit requested documents still apply.
**To be provided within 3-9 days of receipt of the request.
Janine Senatore, ext. 7332
Elaine Lydston, ext. 7301
Nilda Reyes, ext. 7471