Who Qualifies?
  • You qualify if a work-related injury or illness results in a permanent loss of certain specific bodily functions, scarring and/or disfigurement. The scars must be located on your face, neck or hands.

What Are The Benefits?

  • You receive a one-time payment for your disfigurement and/or scarring. This benefit is paid in addition to other payments; for example, medical bills, lost wages, etc. The amount paid depends on the location and severity of the disfigurement or function lost.
  • If you were injured or suffered an illness prior to December 24, 1991, you have slightly different benefits. Contact our Public Information Office if you have any questions about these benefits. If you do not have an attorney, you may want to contact our Conciliation Unit once the insurer has made an offer for your scarring and disfigurement and speak to a Conciliator. The Conciliator can give you an idea of whether the offer falls within established guidelines.

For How Long?

  • You receive a one-time payment for your loss of body function, disfigurement and/or scarring.